The Content Strategy & Marketing Course
Master content marketing and learn how to build every part of a profitable content strategy in Julia’s six-week course.
Are you an agency, freelancer or marketer looking for practical content marketing training?
Do you need to implement content marketing successfully for you or your clients?
You’re exactly who I built this course for.
My Content Strategy & Marketing Course (CS&M) will help you develop a step-by-step content strategy from scratch using step-by-step, guided training with signature content hacking techniques, proven methodology, and real, hands-on Brand Strategy Exercises, taught across six modules in over 80 short videos, with six student workbooks.
Don’t Waste Your Time on Free or DIY Content Formulae Any Longer
There’s a lot of information about content strategy out there.
In fact, if you were to Google it, there’s over 1.5 billion results in existence.
Everyone has an opinion on how to implement a strategy, how to create content, and how to track success.
But not everyone can say that they’ve taken a business from $0 to $4 million solely through content marketing in just seven years. I can. And not everyone has built a reputation on finding simple, yet powerful, content hacks that can build your brand faster than you ever thought possible. I have. With me as your expert practitioner at the helm, this is the course that will show you how to implement real success.
Since launching as one of the first practical certification programs with mentoring that existed in the content strategy industry, I’ve had the honor of training and certifying dozens and dozens of content strategists.
The PATHWAY to an effective, high-ROI content strategy that provide radical ranking power is here. Everything in my program is taught step-by-step. No confusion about what tools to use and how to use them. No worries about how to handle content analysis, trend-setting topic discovery, and search engine tactics to leverage content’s high ROI for your brand. No fretting over finding your ideal audience type any longer. And that’s just the beginning. All the techniques of profitable content marketing are here.
Can you say… content strategy superhero?
With The Content Strategy & Marketing Course you can take your — or your client’s — brand to the next level in just six weeks.
Six weeks. A month-and-a-half. Forty-five days. That’s how long it takes to be a wizard at content strategy when you use my formulas and training inside the Content Strategy & Marketing Course.
With content templates, software savings codes, and bonus tutorials added and updated every year, this is the content marketing course you’ll come back to, again and again.
Become a Content Strategy Superhero: My Signature Course for Revenue-Producing Content Marketing
About the 9 Guest Experts Teaching Alongside Lead Instructor Julia McCoy
“The ‘real-world,’ ROI-focus of Julia’s new course is a reason I’m excited to contribute, and add my process and knowledge of content promotion skills and tactics. The most common reason why content fails is because of lack of traction or traffic. Now, with Julia’s course, you get to learn my tactics so you never have this problem.” — Sujan Patel. Guest teacher Sujan is a digital marketing influencer and a prolific blogger that co-founded the growth marketing agency WebProfits and has helped create several successful software companies including Narrow, Quu and Mailshake.
As co-founder of the leading content marketing tool BuzzSumo, guest instructor Steve Rayson has established himself as a thought leader in all things content-related.
With two decades of experience and multiple awards under her belt, Michele Linn is regarded by many to be a thought leader in the industry. Michele was one of the first employees at Content Marketing Institute, eventually becoming the Vice President of Content at Content Marketing Institute. Today, she leads her own research firm at Mantis Research.
Customer Success Team Lead and guest instructor Ryan West has been at the helm of SEMrush client success. Ryan started his career in SEO at Pipeline Interactive, a website design company based in Lebanon, PA. After helping e-commerce clients boost their websites with valuable content, he co-founded Absolute Usability before taking the role of Customer Success Specialist at SEMrush.
Former Content Director of Unbounce and guest instructor Dan Levy worked as a correspondent for the New London Day paper before moving on to Spafax, an international content marketing agency. It was there that he founded Sparksheet, a multi-platform magazine has since went on to win a host of industry awards in media and marketing. Dan progressed to Content Director at Unbounce, a Montreal-based marketing platform that has grown (through content marketing!) to become the #1 landing page platform for 15,000+ brands.
With a dual MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, guest instructor Shani Taylor works as the Manager of Enterprise Customer Success at Airtable. She brings a mix of extensive formal education along with real world experience to impart cutting-edge insight.
These additional guest experts are currently being added to Julia’s May 2020 curriculum updates! 🎉
- Veronica Camara, Founder & Lead Content Strategist at AVO Content Strategy Agency. Veronica has worked as a content strategist in-house at a Fortune 500 financial company, and led content management for SaaS startups. Today, she leads strategy on every project for clients in finance, eComm, EdTech and FinTech.
- David Martin, Lead UX Strategist and the founder of UXHacks.com, where he guides clients on how to build high-converting websites. He’s been a UX hacker and UI designer/strategist for eight years, created multiple plugins and backends from scratch, and helped put together some of the highest-converting course pages… EVER!
- Ryan Stewart, founder of WEBRIS, who has built and scaled multiple businesses with SEO. He grew an eCommerce site to 1.2 million organic visits per month, and sold that business successfully to a competitor in 2017. He built and scaled his own SEO agency WEBRIS from scratch to $1.1M in ARR in 16 months, and sold it in early 2018. He’s consulted to grow sales at multiple companies, founded a WordPress plugin Capture & Convert, and today runs The Blueprint Training, an online training platform that helps over 3,000 digital agencies scale their business through process, automation and technology.
Want to know what others are saying about this course?
Check it out:
"I want to give Julia and her course a big endorsement. Her course is a complete game changer if you're looking to create content that will engage your audience, and WILL make you money. Personally, I don't want to waste time writing for the sake of writing and hoping it gets views. Her course breaks down exactly what you need to do, step-by-step. My favorite part? Access to Julia! You get your questions ANSWERED. If you're on the fence about this, what I can tell you -- if you DO the work, you are guaranteeing yourself success. There's no question this course is gold. But it's only gold if you execute on it. Thank you, Julia, for this course! The best part, I almost forgot to say -- the course continues to get better! She brings in speakers and updates the material all the time, which is amazing."—Zee Ali
"With so many courses on the market, it is difficult to determine which ones will actually be transformative. Consuming education in the digital space and learning for real world application are two different objectives. This course provides the latter; using a practical step-by-step approach with real time practice in order to build skills while learning. As a writer, and through this course, I have been able to get to know myself better. When I decided to completely abandon my 20-year banking career to follow my passion and become a writer, I knew I needed to invest in a program committed to my long term success goals. This is that course!"—Katie Gibbons
“I wish I'd found Julia's courses sooner. It's given me everything I needed to learn about content marketing as I started my own content business!"—Angelina Dickinson
“As a digital strategist, I've been able to grow my end profits with the course and apply what I learned from Julia to create high ROI content, ultimately turbo-charging my content strategy game.”—Mariana Norton
“I've used Julia's Content Strategy & Marketing Course to improve my ability to understand and build a full content strategy, and convince potential clients why content is important. The knowledge I've gained has even helped position me as one of the few content marketing pioneers in Calgary."—Brittany Brander
The Content Strategy & Marketing Course Curriculum:
- Get walked through the basics: industry definitions, how to set goals for industry success, an intro to the landscape and structure of content marketing today.
- Next, learn how to identify what makes you DIFFERENT (or your client, if you’re setting up their strategy) from everyone else with a Content Differentiation Factor, complete with hands-on exercises where you’re actually learning all the steps.
- Define your online topic area and how to come up with topic cores that your audience will CRAVE.
- Get clear with content ROI expectations, and see high-ROI content in action.
This is two full modules with video lessons, worksheets, PDFs, Brand Strategy Exercises and templates. You’ll be able to get through both modules inside a week if you spend just 10-15 minutes every day.
- Identify and create audience personas for any target audience.
- Learn from hands-on video exercises how to build surveys to get real-time, valuable data about an audience you’re serving (and incentive for higher response rates).
- Learn how to use Facebook Audience Insights to build new audience data.
- Map your persona to the stages of awareness in the sales cycle, and learn HOW and WHY to create content that SOLVES PROBLEMS at the specific stage they’re in.
- Know how to utilize a sales team to nurture leads to get the information that will help you create valuable, profitable content.
- Learn how to create a brand content style guidebook that can direct content creation for ANY brand.
- Get an overview of the best email marketing tools and how to use them.
Grow your confidence with PDFs, cheat sheets, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
- Learn about defining your goals for inbound ranking and overall content success.
- Explore Google’s standards for content – find out why organic search is far higher ROI and more valuable to today’s search audience than paid PPC.
- Reveal the biggest mistakes in keyword research that you must avoid.
- Know how to conduct effective, in-depth keyword research, using the top industry tools. Plus learn why and how to choose an SEO tool to track ranking and ongoing positions.
- Watch as I demonstrate proven methods on how I find a MONTH of SEO content for my agency that ranks without question!
- Watch guest speaker Ryan West from SEMrush show you how to find a great keyword, and pull live brand keyword reports.
- Get in-depth guidance on all aspects of SEO keyword research, including geo-targeted location content.
- Learn how to check for important ranking factors and be able to immediately identify opportunities for low-hanging SEO content you can easily create for any client.
Strengthen your understanding with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
- Get to know what strong online content looks like.
- Learn all the nuances of how to build content that ranks high in search results for YEARS and how to maintain this authority over time.
- Skip all the strategies that DON’T work: in this week, we’ll cover only the keys of what DOES work when it comes to building true authoritative online content.
- Learn about the core content commitments and how to define them.
- Discover why one of the content commitments we discuss matters more than anything, and learn how to leverage that for long-term gain.
- Understand the importance of content structure, internal and external linking.
- Get confident with social media and how to combine the right social media platforms with the right brand (for clients you work with or your business).
- Get to know the benefits and methods of profitable guest blogging.
- Learn from Guest Expert Dan Levy of Unbounce as he shares secrets on how they built authority solely through blogging.
- Learn from Guest Expert Michele Linn of Content Marketing Institute as she explains how to lay the groundwork for business blogging.
Jump up a level with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
- Never get stuck for content ideas AGAIN with an outlined, physical content creation process complete with repeatable steps.
- Learn how to pull strong brand awareness topics for any brand.
- Use techniques from a web crawl to find questions readers are asking online that you can create content for.
- Get proficient on professional industry tools such as BuzzSumo and Hawkeye to identify trends in ANY industry to write about! These also make killer guest blog posts that editors will DIE for.
- Get to know buyer-focused content, and how to create content and find topics that match the stages your customer is in.
- Learn how to create content that fits both SEO purposes and brand awareness.
- Know the ins and outs of SEO content optimization! See live demos of content structured for success.
- See the anatomy of web pages vs. blog pages, and learn how to create content that ranks consistently.
- Learn about 10x content, what that truly means, and how to go above and beyond in your content for your reader.
- Become an expert at guest blogging! Learn how to get on the publications you want, how to pitch editors, and send in irresistible topics and content pieces.
- Learn how to optimize your content for conversions, and how to add “list building” to your content creation.
- Guest expert Steve Rayson shares how to build strong headlines and discover hot topics.
Make real gains with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
- Learn from Guest Expert Sujan Patel as he kicks off the final week with a lesson on how to promote your content to draw more eyeballs on it.
- Learn about social media post structure and how exactly to optimize your post performance for maximum brand exposure.
- Study the intricate workings of effective email marketing, best practices for writing, scheduling and sending emails to your list.
- Learn about setting a budget for content marketing and how to set realistic expectations for your clients.
- Streamline your hiring process to know how to recruit professional, reliable talent to your writing team to support your content creation.
- Ugly editorial calendars, begone. Find out the easiest tool EVER that’ll become your new secret weapon!
- Learn how to update your content for ongoing success (and why old content is your MONEY content).
- Know how to track and immediately see/report on content rankings to clients.
- Know how to set up a content plan for your clients.
- Learn from Guest speaker Dan Levy as he shares insights on the cost and return of 10x blogging.
- Learn from Guest speaker Shani Taylor’s tutorial on creating an advanced editorial calendar.
- Learn from Guest speaker Ryan West of SEMrush as he teaches you how to track your rankings and research competitor rankings.
- Lock in professional knowledge with PDFs, cheat sheets, guest expert lesson, Brand Strategy Exercise, and video lessons.
For a limited time, get lifetime access to Julia & join the course community, included in your enrollment cost. This may be charged at an ongoing monthly fee later in the year! Yours for FREE right now.
- Bonus #1: Partner Discount Codes Save up to $350 on software! BuzzSumo, SEMrush, KWFinder, Airtable, Mailshake & more. Includes PDFs with special codes.
- Bonus #2: The Content Creator Pricing Guide Get access to MY spreadsheet with over 45 content services priced out, with many variations and options for clients. Perfect for setting up your own agency, outsourcing, or charging freelancer rates! Includes a video, PDF and spreadsheet.
- Bonus #3: How to Close Your Clients [Video, PDF Guides, Live Call] Struggle with closing your clients? This is what you need! I show you how to close your clients, step-by-step. Includes live client call recording, video, and PDF templates.
- Bonus #4: Twitter Growth Hacking Learn how I grew my Twitter to 200% month-after-month growth. These are strategies that will take you only a few hours a week -- or if you don't have the time, hire the person I hire! Includes a video lesson with on-screen demo of techniques.
- Bonus #5: Instagram Explosion Learn how to hook up Instagram to clicks, blog reads, and REAL subscribers (a difficult feat on this mostly visual platform) with a few simple, consistent techniques. Includes a video lesson with on-screen demo of techniques.
- Bonus #6: The Amazing Portfolio Guide Learn how to create an amazing portfolio when you’re just starting out. Includes a PDF worksheet.
- Bonus #7: Guest Speaker Michele Linn Presents Practical Content Marketing Strategy Primer Listen as VP of Content for CMI, Michele Linn, shares top strategies on content marketing in a video interview with Julia. Includes video and worksheet.
NEW bonuses added for 2020:
Veronica Camara, Founder, Content Strategist at AVO | Content Strategy Agency
Teaching: UX Writer vs. Copywriting: What's the Difference & How to Start a UX Writing Career
Ryan Stewart, Serial Entrepreneur, SEO Expert, Author, & MBA
Teaching: How to Go From Solo Freelancer to Higher Income Team/Agency
David Martin, UX Strategist & the Founder of UXHacks.com
Teaching: UX Elements that Turn Away Customers: What Kind of Popups are Bad vs. Good (Are Any?), & More
Don’t waste any more of your valuable time on filler tips and tricks that don’t equal bottom-line brand growth.
Proven, tried-and-true is the way to go. The keys and the car is here. Don’t let anything hold you back from The Content Strategy & Marketing Course, if this is what you need.
Invest 45 days right now into your content marketing’s future by implementing the steps that have already generated huge profits for me and many hundreds of others. Put in the work, and learn the skills as taught step-by-step. Then, watch your strategic content marketing take off.
13 Hands-On, Build-Your-Own Brand Content Strategy Parts
Benjamin Franklin once said, “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
I’ve built my course to not only teach you, but show you every step in building a powerful brand content strategy. Why? You’re going from ground zero to a fully-built brand in just 45 days with eleven guided, build-your-own content strategy exercises.
Best of all, it can be used to not only launch your own brand, but also to take your clients’ brands to the next level.
Ready to Join Our Elite Group of Content Strategy Hackers?
You know you are. Who wouldn’t want the easy-to-implement secrets that will put the rev in their revenue?
So, what does the time look like?
The 6-week (45-day) commitment is on your own time, self-led. We have an active private student group that is perfect for accountability, check-ins and Q&A: but you can go through the material at your own pace without needing much outside assistance – although it’s available on call for whenever you want!
I’ve had freelancers and agency members that came in and soaked up all 6 modules inside a month, and I’ve had students take 4 months to get through it while working at a full-time job.
How you learn is really up to you.
You can complete the training on your own time, and even fit it around a 9-5 job. The Content Strategy & Marketing Course is delivered through a series of videos, PDFs, templates and guided exercises that my team and I personally review upon your completion so you can be certified as a Content Strategist. I’ve even written an accompanying 384-page book published on Amazon that will help you save paper and avoid printing all the PDFs, if you prefer physically taking notes and writing out your exercises.
Future-Proof Content Strategy Training
What do I mean by future-proof? As you know, the world of digital marketing changes minute by minute. I mean, Google alone shifts algorithms as many as 600 times per year!
That’s a lot of change, people!
And you don’t want to invest in a course that’s obsolete by the time you’ve finished taking it, do you?
Of course not. That’s why I’ve built The Content Strategy & Marketing Course (CS&M) as an evergreen training by updating it periodically with critical information, new hacks, and cutting-edge strategies for the life of the product.
That’s right. You buy it once, but it will stay relevant forever. Now, that’s a smart investment!
The Content Strategy & Marketing Course (CS&M) is my all-in-one approach to learning real, tangible content strategy and marketing skills that will add value and put you in demand with our amazing, growing industry of content marketing.
You have two choices:
- Walk away and continue throwing time, energy and patience away with a misguided “scattergun approach” to your content efforts.
- Choose right now to invest 45 days in your future by implementing the content strategy steps that have already generated real profits for me and many hundreds of others. Watch your content marketing career or strategically-powered brand take off!
Ready? YES! Let’s do this!
- The Practical Content Strategy & Marketing 6-Week Implementation Course (Lifetime Access) (Worth $3,997)
- Access To a Private Mastermind/Community Of Others Doing This (Lifetime Access) ($1,997 Value)
- 1:1 Mentorship and Help from Julia McCoy ($499 value)
- 6-week self-paced course
- All lectures, content, curriculum
- One-to-one Mentoring
- Certification after completion
Save $191 Upfront
- 6-week self-paced course
- All lectures, content, curriculum
- One-to-one Mentoring
- Certification after completion
Any coupon codes can be applied after you click Enroll Now.
I can’t wait to see you inside!
—Julia, Educator & Content Hacker