Book Ghostwriting from the Content Hacker™
Get that dusty book idea off of your shelf and into your “accomplished” pile. My elite content writers, handpicked from the top 10 writers in my agency, will work under my 1:1 direction and take your book from draft to DONE. Your book ghostwriting project is edited and overseen by me. I only work with two book clients/year, so you’re in the best hands.
Book Ghostwriting: Writing, Editing and Creation
Ready to take your book from “idea” to “DONE”, without a wasted penny along the way in hiring or re-hiring help to “fix” issues? Been there, done that. That’s what I help you avoid in my book ghostwriting, editing and creation services. You’re talking to the right gal. Let’s work together.
Headsup: I’m not your traditional book “writing & publishing agency” or any book creation agency, for that matter. I’ve found an agency approach to content doesn’t give a book the artistic care and attention it deserves. I treat your book project like it’s my own, personally oversee the whole thing from start to finish, and only take on two book ghostwriting projects per year. You’re in good hands.
Who I Write Books For
I ghostwrite books for the entrepreneur, marketer, and business-builder that has a skillset ready to turn into a how-to style book, beautifully written and crafted for the masses. (I write books for entrepreneurs, digital marketers, content marketers, SaaS builders, SEO experts, social media experts, podcasters, live-streamers, and more.)
Happy Book Ghostwriting Client: Ryan Stewart, SEO expert, Entrepreneur, Creator of The Blueprint Training
“Julia and her team have been helping us with our book, The SEO Blueprint coming out next month. We’re reviewing the final drafts. It’s really good. I’m really impressed with it and you guys have done a tremendous job taking a stream of feedback and implementing it. I wrote 60% of the book, but going back and reading it, I knew it wasn’t where I wanted it to be, and I couldn’t physically get my brain to take it there. So we reached out to you, and you have done a great job with really difficult content to write. Especially within our scope, considering ourselves more advanced, thoroughly happy with the work.”
What’s the Cost of My Book Ghostwriting & Creation Services?
What does it cost to work with my Content Hacker™ team and I to write YOUR book, and what’s the process? Let’s discuss. If you’re ready to get going, just fill out the short form at the end of this page. I will be in touch!
Book Ghostwriting Costs (Your Starting Budget: $10k+)
- .15c/word for editing EXISTING book content ($3,000/per 20,000w)
- .25c/word for ghostwriting NEW content ($5,000/per 20,000w)
- Research hours (custom quoted) for watching and translating your videos into content, going through additional materials (courses, webinars, videos, etc.)
- $500/3 hours of video content + transcriptions
- Cover design (custom quoted) $800
A typical book manuscript, in 6×9 format, is 30-40,000 words. If you’re ready to invest, minimum investment should be $10,000.
BONUS: Julia will put you in 1:1 contact with her personal formatter, who has formatted her books. He will format your book for all formats on Amazon and guarantees success by uploading to Amazon himself.
What to Expect In The Book Ghostwriting Process
- You fill out the form below and tell me a little about what you have on hand (upload any rough outlines or documents); share your industry of expertise; potential book title (can be draft or final); and requested timeframe.
- I will get back to you with a quote and a start date, if I am currently taking book ghostwriting projects! If not, I’ll place you on her waitlist. (Either way, you’ll get notified).
- Costs are broken up into milestones and paid before completion dates of each milestone. A 25% deposit is due to start the project, another 25% due on completion of the first milestone.
- I personally lead the project, edit the book materials at each step, and work with my industry-fit Content Hacker™ writers to take on the heavy lifting of ghostwriting and research. I pick and manage the writer (I have great relationships with my top writers).
- You review per milestone and get back in 1-2 weeks max with editing and revision notes, as well as a deposit payment for the next milestone.
- 1 kickoff call, and 1 phone call is allowed with me per month. No more than that, please. I will respect your time, and I’d like you to respect mine, too. Communication is best documented through email. You can also send me videos for easy collaboration with my team and myself. I will direct on what is needed to complete the book. This is a creatively collaborative process, so be available for different stages of review when your book content is being crafted and ready for you to read.
- Final reviews are done by you with the payment of the final milestone. Final edits and revisions on the book content must be requested within 10 days of receipt of the last chapter/contents.
I’m Ready to Talk About My Book Ghostwriting Project!
Why Julia for Your Book Ghostwriting & Creation?
(Switching to third person voice…) Julia McCoy knows book ghostwriting.
She is the author of no less than three bestselling books on Amazon, all of which have made it far and wide on Amazon (earning over $17k in direct author royalties). Back in 2016, she debuted as an author with her first self-published book, So You Think You Can Write? A Definitive Guide to Successful Online Writing, and in 2017, she published her second book, a behemoth 365-page guide to the practical content strategy market, Practical Content Strategy & Marketing: The Content Strategy Course Student Guidebook. Both books reached the Top 30 in their respective categories on launch week and have sold thousands of copies, some of which have been used as classroom references and recommended educational guides. In 2020, BookAuthority placed both of Julia’s books in their list of Top 100 Marketing Books of all time.
In 2020, Julia published another 390-page book with the launch of her memoir, a creative nonfiction narrative book titled Woman Rising: A True Story, which shot to #1 New Releases and #1 Best Seller combined by day three of release week. Julia was also a content resource for leading expert Ryan Stewart’s new book on SEO, The SEO Blueprint: How to Get More Organic Traffic Right NOW.
All in all, Julia has earned over $17,000 in direct Amazon royalties from her books sold to date, which have sold in more than 20 countries. Julia has extensively weighed the benefits of traditional publishing, where authors earn 2-8% of royalties, versus self-publishing, where authors earn 70% and more of book royalties, in favor of self-publishing. In 2019, Julia even turned down a HarperCollins agent offer in favor of self-publishing. She believes in the power of books because she has seen them work to build her own brand and revenue in multiple powerful ways.