There are many amazing women who are impacting the marketing industry for the better with their talents.
And adding them to your follow list will give the opportunity to:
- Learn what GREAT marketing looks like.
- Read, absorb, and learn from their ideas.
- Be inspired (and perhaps feel a little pressure from these superwomen 🦸♀️) to reach your goals and dreams.
The good news is you don’t have to do tons of research yourself to find the best marketers to follow.
I’ve done the work for you, compiling a list of the top 50 women in marketing to follow.
Ready to be inspired?
Let’s dive in right away.
Note: This is by no means a full or comprehensive list, nor is it in any particular order.
50 Great Women in Marketing to Follow, Admire and Emulate
These women are unafraid to take on a marketing challenge (or two), bold, and full of spirit. ♥ Get ready to be inspired as you explore their accomplishments and work.
1. Ann Handley
- Founded ClickZ, a pioneer in digital marketing information, which she sold in 2000 (yes, digital marketing goes that far back!)
- Founded MarketingProfs, which has over 600,000 subscribers
- Named one of the seven people shaping modern marketing by IBM
- Named a top thought leader by Forbes
- Wall Street Journal best-selling author of Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content.
- Commentary and bylines in Entrepreneur’s magazine, IBM’s Think Magazine, Inc. Magazine, Mashable, Huffington Post, American Express, NPR, and the Wall Street Journal.
Here’s a top-shared piece from Ann’s blog. Notice how succinct, well-ordered, and power-punching it is?
Visit Ann’s blog for inspiration. Notice how you’re compelled to click on her headlines?
2. Veronica Camara
- Content strategy consulting expert
- In-house content strategist at Fortune 500 companies
- Leader of content management for SaaS startups
- Founded AVO, a content strategy agency specializing in finance, eComm, EdTech, and FinTech
- UX workshop host
Here’s a preview of the kind of content you’ll ingest when you follow Veronica.
You bet she practices what she preaches!
3. Michele Linn
- Director of content development at Content Marketing Institute, one of the first platforms dedicated to the “how to” of content marketing.
- Co-founder of Mantis Research
- Podcast host at Marketing Breakout Podcast
- Named one of Folio’s Top Women in Media
You can sense Michele’s passion for marketing in her content. Also, note the uniqueness and creativity of her ideas.
4. Lilach Bullock
- Named Top 20 Women Social Influencers by Forbes
- Named Oracle Social Influencer of Europe
- Received a Global Women Champions Award for her outstanding contribution and leadership in business
- Featured in: Forbes, KISSMetrics, Social Media Today, The Times, BBC Radio, Social Media Examiner, IBM, Viacom, Twitter, Tedx Bolton, The Telegraph, HuffPost, Wired, SEMrush, Smart Insights, and Oracle
Lilach is a digital and tech influencer who writes SEO traffic-friendly content for B2B companies.
Check out her juicy blog. Don’t you want to read them all?
Also, check out Lilach’s simple but powerful top-shared post. (This post garnered 2,500 engagements on social media).
5. Miriam Isaac
- Creates and designs digital products that generate millions in revenue for companies in the U.S. and in Israel
- Expert in UX Design and data-mining
- Co-founder of Hux
Follow her on Twitter and peek into the colorful life of a skilled, in-demand UX designer. Inspiring much?
You aren’t selling design— Miriam Isaac (@MiriamIsaacDsgn) April 19, 2020
You are selling the solution design solves
Don’t get lost in the pixels
Here’s a little tip for colors & accessibility, for a digital product that requires dark + light theme.— Miriam Isaac (@MiriamIsaacDsgn) May 13, 2020
After you’ve chosen your primary colors, pop over to TailWind Color Shade generator.
Use this range of colors to ensure a branded, cohesive and accessible color palette. pic.twitter.com/opmtJnNxmy
6. Dr. Ai Addyson-Zhang
About Dr. Ai:
- Founder of Classroom Without Walls
- Contributor and instructor at HubSpot Academy
- SEMrush webinar host and speaker
- Adobe education leader
- Featured in: Forbes, Inside Higher Ed, Entrepreneur, Pearson Education, and Thrive
Dr. Ai is a modern free-thinker and pioneer of disruptive education. Check out highlights of the program she created at Classroom without Walls.
7. Sabba Quidwai
- Education leadership executive at Apple
- Expert at design thinking
- Keynote speaker and education consultant
- Host of the Sprint to Success with Design Thinking podcast
- Seesaw Ambassador
- Nearpod Ambassador
- Apple Distinguished Educator
Sabba’s work takes inspiration from a quote from William Gibson, “The future is here. It just isn’t evenly distributed.”
Watch this video on Sabba’s personal and professional journey.
8. Alexandra Tachalova
- Digital marketing consultant
- Featured in Moz, Entrepreneur, B2C, Search Engine Journal, and Ahrefs
- Founder of DigitalOlympus.net, a digital marketing event.
Check out Alexandra’s work at the Digital Olympus blog.
Here’s an example from her HUGE guide Email Outreach: The Ultimate Guide. It’s packed with useful information, graphs, images, and tips. NOT your shallow 5-minute read.
What’s it like to work with Alexandra?
9. Tamara McCleary
- Recognized expert in new technologies, social influence, branding, and storytelling
- Advisor and consultant at Verzion, IBM, Mercer, SAP, Dell EMC, Huawei, Ericsson, and AWS
- CEO of Thulium, a marketing and digital consulting agency
- Named most influential woman by B2B Marketing
Check out her killer advice on Thulium’s blog.
The quote that inspired me while watching Tamara’s YouTube videos?
“The number one skill that you can possess is the ability to learn.”
10. Sonia Simone
- Co-founder of Copyblogger Media
- Chief content officer at Copyblogger
- Transformational leadership coach on copy and content
- Creates content that generates millions of dollars in revenue
11. Heidi Cohen
- Chief content officer of award-winning Actionable Marketing Guide
- Founder of Riverside Marketing Strategies
- Speaker at conferences across the U.S., Europe, and South America
- Teaches cutting-edge graduate level marketing at New York University, Rutgers, and Cuny-Hunter College
- Received New York University’s Outstanding Service Award, 2006
Read her Actionable Marketing Guide here. Find out what small businesses need to do to survive an economic crisis, advice from successful women marketers, and yes, social media lessons from mom.
12. Kristina Halvorson
- Founder of Brain Traffic, content strategy services
- Founder of Confab, a content strategy event
- Founder of Button, a product content conference
- Speaker at Content Marketing World
- Author of Content Strategy for the Web
Interested in reading her book, Content Strategy for the Web? You should! Here’s an outline of what you’ll learn in it from a helpful Amazon reviewer.
13. Henneke Duistermaat
- Founder of Enchanting Marketing
- Featured in interviews by Inc.com and Forbes
- Contributor to KISSmetrics, Copyblogger, Entrepreneur, HuffPost, HubSpot, Crazy Egg, MarketingPRofs, and COPYHACKERS
- Copywriting webinar host at Unbounce and AWeber
- Featured at one of the 11 Digital Marketers to Watch by AWeber
Take a peek at what her blog at Enchanting Marketing looks like.
On-the-go and drowning in a hectic schedule but still want to polish your writing skills? Sign up for Henneke’s “snackable” writing course.
Fun fact: Henneke is a non-native English speaker. There’s REALLY nothing you can’t do when you persist at it!
14. Brooke Sellas
- CEO at B Squared Media
- Co-host of the Marketing Companion podcast
- Sprout Social Agency Partner Founding Member
- Top 25 Leading Woman Brand Builder, 2018
- Sprout Social Partner of the Year, 2017
- Circle of Excellence Award winner
- Sales Associate of the Year
- National Excellence Award
Here’s a preview of B Squared’s blog.
15. Joanna Wiebe
- Founder of Copyhackers
- Copy chief at CH Agency
- Optimized copy for BT, Canva, Glowforge, Intuit, Metalab, Prezi, SAP, Sprout Social, and VWO
- Spoke at conferences like Mozcon, INBOUND, SearchLove, and CXL Live
- Coached over 70,000 people (startups, small businesses, large businesses, and international agencies)
Copyhackers has a ton of resources, training, and courses you can use to “up your copywriting game.”
If you don’t have time to enroll in a course right now, you can read Copyhackers’ unique, surprising, actionable blogs.
16. Ahava Leibtag
One of the 5-star reviews of Ahava’s book goes…
Get SEO and content marketing advice from Ahava at Aha Media Group’s blog.
How Ahava describes herself on Twitter: TOTALLY FUN. 🤩
17. Marsha Wright
- CEO of Promo Nation
- Author of Ready, Aim, Influence! Join Forces, Expand Resources, Transform Your World
- Author of The Secret Collaborative Economy: More Clients, More Exposure, More Profit, FASTER!
Here are 6 of the 30 reasons to buy The Secret Collaborative Economy.
Get the full list here.
18. Pam Moore
- CEO and founder of Marketing Nutz
- 25 years of experience working with successful brands like L’Oreal, Adobe, IBM, Sony, Hitachi Data Systems, Emerson, and HP
- Forbes Top 10 Social Media Women Power Influencers (#5)
- 100k monthly downloads of Social Zoom Factor podcast
- 2M followers across social platforms
- International keynote speaker
- 25 Marketing Influencers to Watch, 2017
- Entrepreneur’s 50 Online Marketers to Watch
- Twitter’s Top 75 Badass Women
- #10, World’s Most Influential Social Media Marketing Masters
You’ll love Pam’s blog. Here’s a preview of her unique content.
19. Ardath Albee
- Founder of Marketing Interactions, Inc.
- CEO and B2B marketing strategist at Marketing Interactions, Inc.
- Clients: Cisco, Adobe, Autodesk, BMC Software, Dell Secureworks, Core Media, SYKES, Deluxe, Transunion
- Books: eMarketing Strategies for the Complex Sale and Digital Relevance: Developing Marketing Content and Strategies that Drive Results.
If you want to improve your B2B content, don’t miss any of Ardath’s blogs.
20. Tania Varga
- CCO at Axonn
- HubSpot Agency Partner licenses and certificates
Read Tania’s blogs on B2B marketing, digital industry, and analysis at Axonn’s The Content Marketer.
21. Lindsay Thibeault
- Manager, customer training at HubSpot
- Inbound professor at HubSpot Academy
- Writer for HubSpot’s blog
22. Carli Evilsizer
- Account supervisor at JMG Public Relations
- Freelance copywriter
Check out her website: Carli Evilsizer Branding Communications
23. Brittany Berger
- Founder of Work Brighter
- Content marketing consultant
- Course creator (Designing Online Information, Interactive Media Design, Introduction to Public Relations, Multimedia Literacy, New Media Project Development, Public Relations Writing)
Here’s what Brittany’s Work Brighter stands for:
“Digital media company & community for productive unicorns who want to escape the endless burnout & toxic productivity of Hustle Culture.”
Curious to know more? Check out her blog.
Here’s one piece I find unique and engaging (there are tons more!).
24. Melissa Harrison
- Writes for the Guardian, The Times, the FT, and BBC
- Author of All Among the Barley
Podcast: The Stubborn Light of Things
Here’s a sneak peak into what the podcast is like. Are you ready for a brighter life?
Good morning! There’s a lot of anger and frustration floating about at the moment. If you need a break from it, take half an hour to remind yourself that a whole other reality exists, and it’s BEAUTIFUL. Here’s Episode 8 of The Stubborn Light of Things: https://t.co/AmjGQBaBFq— Melissa Harrison (@M_Z_Harrison) May 25, 2020
25. Deana Goldasich
- Founder and CEO of Well Planned Web
- Speaker at Content Marketing World, American Marketing Association, Digital Summit and the National Speakers Association
- Content marketing hall of fame
- Content Marketing Awards – judge
- Content Marketing Agency of the Year – finalist
Are you a B2B marketer? You’ll love Deana’s blog.
26. Caroline Forsey
- Staff writer and editor at HubSpot
- Passionate about marketing and writing
- Spent time teaching English is Thailand
27. Britney Muller
- Founder of Pryde Marketing
- SEO Scientist at Moz
- Keynote speaker
- Dabbler of data science and ML
- Harvard – CS109 Data Science Course
28. Teresa Heath-Wareing
- Director of THW Marketing Limited
- International keynote speaker
- Expert in marketing strategy
- TEDx speaker
Teresa describes herself as someone who “eats, sleeps, and breathes” social media and marketing.
Visit her social media marketing blog to keep up with the latest news, trends, and tricks on social.
29. Kathy Klotz-Guest
- Founder of Keeping it Human
- Professional speaker and trainer at IBM, NASDAQ, SXSW, and Content Marketing World
- Author of Stop Boring Me!: How to Create Kick-Ass Marketing Content, Products and Ideas Through the Power of Improv
- Instructor at Stanford University Continuing Studies
Kathy’s book has 90% 5-star ratings and 10% 4-star ratings. Here’s a review from a happy reader.
30. Jenna Tiffany
- Founder of Let’s Talk Strategy
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Fellow of The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
- Marketing Tutor
- Awarded member status with The Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Awarded Associate Chartered Institute of Marketing membership
- Recipient of the IDM Award in General Data Protection Regulation
Let’s Talk Strategy’s blog is a GREAT resource for digital marketers.
31. Rebekah Radice
- Co-founder of Bri.la
- Founder of Rebekah Radice, Radical Enterprises
- Marketing performance strategist
- SaaS product marketer
- Entrepreneur for 20 years
Visit Rebeka’s blog for her take on social media marketing, video marketing, and more.
32. Sue B. Zimmerman
- Social media educator and consultant
- Business coach
- Keynote and breakout speaker
- HuffPost Top 50
- Instagram expert
In her blog, Sue teaches the secrets to becoming a savvy Instagram marketer.
33. Melanie Perkins
- Co-founder and CEO at Canva
- Founder of Fusion Yearbooks (now the largest yearbook publisher in Australia)
Follow Melanie if you, too, have “crazy-big dreams.”
34. Ellen McGirt
- Senior editor of Fortune magazine
- Co-chair at The CEO Initiative
- Award-winning business journalist
- Writer for raceAhead, a newsletter on African-American, Native American, and Asian people in America
35. Ann Smarty
- Founder of Viral Content Bee
- Founder of MyBlogU
- Brand manager at IMNinjas.com
- Freelance SEO consultant
- Editor-in-chief at Search Engine Journal
- Contributor at Mashable and MakeUseOf
36. Talia Wolf
- Founder of Conversioner
- Founder of GetUpift
- Conversion optimization consultant, trainer and speaker
- Taught on stages such as Google, MozCon, CTAconf, and Search Love
- Expert in emotional targeting persuasion
If your problem is leaks in your marketing funnel, stay updated with GetUplift’s blog. Here’s an example of one of Talia’s posts.
Sound interesting? Read the whole blog here.
37. Kristi Kellogg
- CEO and Founder of Dazzling Digital
- Writer and content strategist for Vogue, GlamourMag, Allure Magazine, Teen Vogue, Epicurious, and GC Magazine
- SEO and content strategist at Conde Nast
- Paid and organic social media marketer at Search Engine Journal
- Digital marketing insights published in Search Engine Journal, Marketing Land, Search Engine Land, and 3Q Digital
- Speaks at Social Pro, Digital Growth Summit, and Social Media Week
Here’s what they do at her company, Dazzling Digital.
38. Christi Olson
- Head of evangelism for search and advertising at Microsoft
- Keynote speaker
- Award judge at events like AdWeek, Dmexco, CES, 4A’s, and Search Insider Summit
- Published columnist
- Named one of the Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts by PPC Hero
- Recipient of the 2015 HeroConf Best Presentation Award
- Member of board of advisors for Internet Marketing Association and Paid Search Association
Her blogs are packed with tips on how to create stronger relationships with consumers. Here’s an example.
39. Maya Pope-Chappell
- Managing editor at LinkedIn News
- Expert at audience engagement
- Host of #HowIGotHere, a video series that highlights the career journeys of successful people
- Social media engagement expert
40. Judith Lewis
- Founder of Decabbit Consultancy
- Trainer and consultant at Econsultancy
- Blogger at The Huffington Post
- Owner and chief blogger at Mostly About Chocolate
- Judge at the European Search Awards
Judith is an expert at creative business growth strategy, wine, and chocolate. Check out her sumptuous content at Mostly About Chocolate.
41. Stacey McNaught
- Founder of MacNaught Digital
- SEO and content marketing consultant
- SEO trainer
- Speaker at Mozcon Seattle, BrightonSEO, SearchLove London, SASCon, Learning Inbound, and SMX London
Read her SEO and Content Marketing blog here.
42. Carrie Hill
- Founder of Ignitor Digital
- Local SEO specialist at Sterling Sky
- Community manager and event planner for Local University
43. Taz Thornton
- Motivational business speaker
- Award-winning business coach and trainer
- TEDx speaker
- Best-selling author of Unleash Your Awesome: No More Excuses. No More Complaining. Own Your Life and Live It
Taz is inspirational because like many of us, her life didn’t start off easy. Read her whole story here. Additionally, she’s an ex-journalist and formerly co-owner of a digital, PR and marketing business.
44. Laura Crimmons
- Senior digital manager at Ringier
- Founder of Silverthorn, PR agency
- Winner of PR Moment’s Young Professional of the Year, 2017
- The Drum’s 2018 and 2017 50 Women in Digital Under 30
- Shortlisted for the CIPR’s Outstanding Young Communicator, 2017
- Speaker at events such as INBOUND, SMX Munich, PRmoment, UnGagged Vegas, Turning Fest, Learn Inbound, and BrightonSEO
- Judge at PRWeek Awards, UK Search Awards, UK Content Awards, and MENA Search Awards
45. Kelsey Jones
- SEO wordsmith at Moz
- Executive editor at Search Engine Journal, 2014-2017
- Speaker at State of Search, Digital Olympus, SEJ Summit, Online Marketing Institute, Pubcon, Digital Marketing Institute, and Launch That
- Clients: Yelp, Salesforce, Tophatter, Gazelle, Bounty, Intuit, Marketing Evolution, Woobox, Contour Living, and Ford
- Judge at the U.S. Search Awards
Learn more about Kelsey and her journey in SEJ’s feature blog.
46. Viola Eva
Find Viola on LinkedIn
- Founder of Flow SEO
- SEO consultant
- Digital entrepreneur
- Speaker and educator
- PwC Excellence Award for Outstanding Growth in 2012
47. Goldie Chan
- Founder of Warm Robots
- Contributor to Forbe’s personal branding and storytelling
- Social media instructor and author: LinkedIn Top Voice
- Professional speaker at National Speakers Bureau and Global Speakers Agency
- Recipient of the Leading through Education, Activism, and Diversity award
- Excellent in Teaching award
Goldie is an expert at blogging and web design. Check out her content here.
48. Shani Taylor
- Manager, Enterprise Customer Success at Airtable
- Company Champion (Employee of the Year 2011 and 2012)
- Web Summit MBA Scholar
- HHS Innovates Semi-Finalist
- National Institute of Health Award Merit
49. Lisa Myers
- Ceo and founder of award-winning SEO agency Verve Search
- BIMA100 – CEO and Leaders 2017
- Awards: Search Personality of the Year, B2B Marketing Newcomer of the Year, Blackberry Women and Technolgoy Awards, Management Today 35 Women under 35, UK Search Awards 2011
- Founder of SEO-Chicks.com
- Co-founder of Stateofsearch.com
50. Cindy Krum
- CEO and founder of Mobile Moxie
- International keynote speaker
- Insights quoted by PC World, TechWorld, Internet Retailer, Search Marketing Standard, and Direct Magazine
- Mobile marketing evangelist
- Author of Mobile Marketing: Finding Your Customers No Matter Where They Are
According to this reader, Cindy’s book is “the only book on mobile marketing worth reading.”
Follow the Top Women in Marketing for Inspiration and Success
Inspiration is a GREAT motivator toward success.
And with this huge list of the top women in marketing, you no doubt found a bunch of inspiring mentors, coaches, and leaders to spark your own marketing journey.
Do you have any to add? ❤️ (This is by no means a comprehensive or complete list.)
And, if you aspire to the astonishing success of these amazing women…
If you want to be a brand-building, glass ceiling busting, revenue-earning machine…
There’s a pathway for that. 💯
In my Content Transformation System, my 1:1 mentorship program, you’ll learn the skills, systems, and strategies that top biz owners use to grow and scale sustainably.
I built a sustainable 7-figure business out of content marketing, and I’m teaching you how to do the very same thing in this program, open by application only.
If you know it’s time to level up, let’s do this together. Watch my 30-minute class today to get started.